An Island of mangoes and beautiful beaches
How to get to Guimaras?
- Go to Ceres bus station in Dumaguete
- Once in Dumaguete, get a tricycle/pedicab and tell him to go to “Ceres Terminal” which is located in Barangay Calindagan right behind Robinsons Place Dumaguete.
- Get the bus to Bacolod
Schedule from TheVisayanBlogger*
*By the way, if you want to know some ferry or bus schedules you will most likely find it at TheVisayanBlogger.
- Once in Bacolod, you will arrive at South Terminal located as shown on the map below, you will have to take a tricycle, jeepney or taxi(There is also Grab Available in Bacolod) to Bacolod Bredco Seaport, which is also shown on the map below.
- If you take a taxi it should cost you about 100php.
- Take the ferry to Iloilo from the Bacolod Bredco Seaport
- Takes about 1:30h
- Costs on average 300php
- There is an additional terminal fee of 30-40php
- The earliest boat is at 5:00 am and the latest is at 5:15 pm
- There are 4 different companies operating if you combine all the schedule of 4 companies you can get a boat every hour.
- For exact schedule and details, visit TheVisayanBlogger
- Once in Iloilo, go to Ortiz Wharf and take a boat to Guimaras.
- The boat leaves every 15/20min from 6:30 am till 6:30 pm daily.
- The boat takes 15 min to get to Jordan in Guimaras.
- Costs 15php during day and 22php during night.
To go back to Dumaguete from Guimaras
- To go back, just follow a schedule to Guimaras from Dumaguete, but in reverse order.
- Schedule of Ferries from Iloilo to Bacolod
- Schedule of buses from Bacolod to Dumaguete
What to see in Guimaras?
Guisi Beach and Guisi Lighthouse
Picture by @officiallykath
The white sand beach can be a little bit rocky but overall its clean and peaceful place that you can relax. You can also hike a little bit up towards the lighthouse, where you can take really cool pictures in the ruins of that was left from the second oldest lighthouse. Not only that but you can take pictures of the beach and surroundings from a higher point of view
Amihan restaurant & pizzeria
Picture by Amihan Restaurant & Pizzeria
A really must visit restaurant while in Malapascua, not only because of the great view over the beach it has to offer but also that the food is really tasty as well as the staff really friendly and service is quick. Perfect spot for romantic dinner. They have a wide variety of outstanding Italian food at not cheap but affordable price. Apart from this, they have also the best coffee on the island as well as good wines, also you get free limoncello at the end!
How to travel around Guimaras?
Once arriving in Jordan Guimaras, you can go to the tourist office nearby and ask for help. They can usually help you with getting tricycles for a day island tour, or where to get jeepneys.
You can travel around by Jeepneys, they usually wait till the jeepney is full and then they go, so you can’t depend on their transport as once you can catch one but other time you will need to wait an hour for another jeepney.
You can travel by tricycle, from Tourist office/Jordan port, you can get a tricycle to your resort for about 250php